The Digital Transformation Grant ($2,500) application portal is open for eligible brick-and-mortar small business to apply.
The objectives of the Digital Main Street – Digital Transformation Grant program are to:
- Provide small business owners a comprehensive plan to guide their digital transformation.
- Provide small businesses with the digital literacy skills they need to execute their digital transformation either through a do-it-yourself approach and/or being a smart consumer when purchasing these services.
A Digital Transformation Grant is open to any business that meets the following requirements:
- Must be a business that: Has a permanent ‘brick-and-mortar’ establishment in Ontario
- Is employing 1-50 employees
- Is NOT a home-based business
- Is paying commercial property tax (commercially assessed), either directly or through commercial rent
- Is a registered business in Ontario and/or is incorporated
- Is open for business/operating at the time of application (not a start up)
- Is open to the general public for walk-in and onsite purchases of goods and services – NOT A WHOLESALER OR MANUFACTURER
- Is NOT a business supplying digital services to other businesses (e.g. website design/development, SEO, programming)
- Is NOT a franchise, including those individually owned and operated
- Is NOT a not-for-profit/ charitable organization
- Is NOT renting office space on a temporary basis (month-to-month)
- Is NOT in a shared workspace such as a hot desk or dedicated desk
- Is NOT a purely online business
- Owned by:An Ontario resident operating a business in Ontario.
- An individual of 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Has completed the Digital Transformation for Main Street program, which includes:The Digital Main Street Assessment
- Has passed the eligibility quiz
- The online training
- Developing a Digital Transformation Plan
*OBIAA reserves the right to determine who is eligible/ineligible on a case-by-case basis.
- Previous Digital Main Street Ontario Grant Program recipients who received a DTG after June 21, 2022 may NOT apply at this time
- Previous Digital Main Street Ontario Grant Program recipients who received a DTG before June 21, 2022 may apply provided all DTG final reports have been received and verified by OBIAA
- Large corporations are not eligible to apply for a DTG (more than 50 staff)
- Businesses with multiple locations are only eligible to apply for one Digital Transformation Grant
- Owners with multiple businesses may only apply for one grant