The anticipated Small Business Relief Grant is now open!
What you’ll get:
Eligible businesses that are part of the list below which were subject to closures as a result of the province’s move to the modified Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen will receive a grant of $10,000.
To receive the grant, a small business identified from the eligible list below must:
- be required to close due to public health orders that took effect at 12:01 am on January 5, 2022
- have fewer than 100 employees as of December 31, 2021
- be an active business as of January 14, 2022
Eligible businesses that previously qualified for the Ontario Small Business Support Grant will be pre-screened to verify eligibility and may need to provide some additional information but will not need to apply for the new program.
Newly established and newly eligible small businesses will need to apply once the application portal opens in the coming weeks.
Eligible small businesses include:
- restaurants and bars
- facilities for indoor sports and recreational fitness activities (including fitness centres and gyms)
- performing arts and cinemas
- museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attractions
- performing arts venues and cinemas, museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attractions
- meeting or event spaces
- tour and guide services
- conference centres and convention centres
- driving instruction for individuals
- before- and after- school programs
How to apply
See here for the link to apply. Applications close on March 11.