Winterlicious 2024 Applications Open – Deadline Aug. 24
The Winterlicious and Summerlicious programs were created by the City of Toronto to promote Toronto’s unique hospitality industry, showcase Toronto’s diverse cuisine, profile dining experiences at a range of price points and generate economic activity for the restaurant industry during slower times of business.
Since their inception in 2003 Winterlicious and Summerlicious programs have served more than 8 million meals at participating restaurants and generated more than $353 million of economic activity for the industry.
Winterlicious 2024 takes place January 26 to February 8.
Restaurants interested in applying to participate in Winterlicious or Summerlicious should review the program overview, eligibility criteria and application process before completing and submitting an online application.
Winterlicious and Summerlicious aim to:
- Support Toronto’s restaurants during slower times of business
- Generate economic activity for the restaurant industry
- Encourage residents to engage with restaurants on-premises and enjoy the in-restaurant dining experience
- Celebrate Toronto’s diverse culinary offerings
- Participating restaurants must offer three-course prix fixe menu(s) for lunch and/or dinner, during their regular business hours and for in-restaurant dining (both indoor and patio, if available).
- Prix fixe menu(s) must consist of appetizer or starter, main and dessert, and offer a minimum of three options per course.
- Prix fixe menu(s) must be priced at one of the program’s expanded range of price point categories.
New for 2024
- A process that integrates elements of both the modified and traditional versions of Winterlicious and Summerlicious.
- To continue to support the local industry and limit barriers to restaurant participation, the expanded range of price points with six categories implemented in the modified version of the program will remain, as will a reduced fee for confirmed participants only.
- Participation in Winterlicious and Summerlicious is based on a two-step process:
- Restaurants will first complete an online application to determine their eligibility and price point category
- Eligible restaurants will then register to confirm their interest in participating prior to each session of the program
Price point categories for three-course prix fixe menus
Listed prices are per person, for food only; beverages, tax and gratuity not included:
- $20 Lunch / $25 Dinner
- $27 Lunch / $35 Dinner
- $34 Lunch / $45 Dinner
- $41 Lunch / $55 Dinner
- $48 Lunch / $65 Dinner
- $55 Lunch / $75 Dinner
To participate in Winterlicious and Summerlicious restaurants must:
- Be an existing table-service restaurant
- Be located in the City of Toronto
- Possess a current Toronto Public Health Green DineSafe pass
- Possess a valid City of Toronto Municipal Licensing & Standards Eating Establishment Licence, starting with B71
- Demonstrate that the average price of a three-course meal from the restaurant’s regular dinner menu meet the minimum requirement as listed in the Price Point Categories table below
- Agree to meet the terms and conditions of participation, including but not limited to program and prix fixe menu details and determination of price point category