THE SHOPWESTTO2WIN CONTEST PRESENTED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH Sidorova Inwood Realty Inc.
September 20 – October 31, 2021
We are delighted to announce the launch of a new promotion to help drive more business this Fall. We have partnered with three surrounding BIAs (Bloor West Village, Roncesvalles Village and Baby Point) on ShopWestTO2Win contest in order to encourage more people from nearby to discover our neighbourhood and to create a draw for people from across the city to visit all of us in WestTO.
This promotion is by the same team that brought us ShopTheJunction2Win in the Spring (click link to read the Final Report). That promotion generated over $50,000 of incremental spending and we’re expecting even better results this time with your support.
How this Contest Works:
Every Tuesday for six weeks two winners will be rewarded with $1,000 for shopping locally: $500 to keep and $500 to share with a local business – that could be yours! On November 2nd one lucky local shopper will also win $2,000!
This contest is a powerful and proven tool that gets the surrounding community to shop more often and spend more at local businesses.
- As a member of The Junction BIA, you are automatically included in this promotion without needing to do anything at all. However, there is a lot you CAN do to help ensure its success and boost your sales – see #5 below.
- In order to enter the promotion, customers simply upload receipts for any purchase of $25 or more (including taxes but not delivery fees or tips) on the contest website – check it out for yourself at www.shopwestto2win.com. These receipts can be from any four participating neighbourhoods including: The Junction, Bloor West Village, Roncesvalles Village and Baby Point.
- One winner will be chosen for the grand prize from among all those who entered the contest a minimum of 3 out of the 6 weeks.
- Multiple receipts may be uploaded daily. However:
a. Only one entry per business DAILY will be counted as a ballot so that people don’t create additional stress on businesses by asking that larger purchases be split into multiple smaller receipts. People can enter an unlimited number of times daily as long as the receipts are for different businesses.
b. Business owners (and their staff) are able to participate by shopping at other retailers in any of these neighbourhoods, including your own BIA, but cannot win with a purchase at their own establishment.
- Here’s how you can get the most from this contest:
a. Display marketing collateral prominently
b. Talk to your customers about it – thank them for their loyalty and patronage with this chance to win $500 weekly. It builds goodwill for your business every time they enter!
c. Promote the contest with a “Shop2Win special” or a package of $25 or more if your customers don’t naturally tend to spend that much. And train your staff to upsell customers when they are close but not quite at $25. If you do create a $25 contest special offer, please let your coordinator know so that it can be featured on social media!
d. Remind clients by adding info about the contest to your POS system and/or your digital email signature for all correspondence until October 31.
e. Tag the contest in all of your social posts and remind people about it often and use the hashtag #ShopWestTO2Win as well as our own BIA #ShopTheJunction
f. Get Social – follow the BIA on social and Like, Comment and Share as much as possible to bump these posts so that they are seen by more people
HERE is the 1-page summary for you to share with staff. Businesses should ensure that everyone is informed and reach out to us with any questions prior to the launch on September 20. We will be dropping off more marketing collateral over the next two weeks.
Please direct any questions about the contest to Taylor at marketing@torontojunction.