Reopen safely with free COVID-19 rapid screening kits
The City of Toronto has partnered with the Toronto Region Board of Trade to provide free COVID-19 rapid screening kits to help small- and medium-sized businesses of 150 or fewer employees safely reopen.
Eligible businesses can visit bot.com/rapidscreening to order an initial four-week supply of testing kits and book a time slot for pickup at one of the following four locations:
- Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall
- North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St.
- Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Dr.
- Fort York Visitor Centre, 250 Fort York Blvd.
What you need to know about the program
- The Toronto Region Board of Trade and the City of Toronto are providing small- and medium-sized businesses (those with 150 employees or fewer) in Toronto with rapid screening kits for COVID-19.
• For businesses with over 150 employees, please order directly from the Ontario government portal.
• For businesses outside of Toronto, please order through the chamber of commerce in the municipality your business is located. The list of rapid test distribution programs by chamber is available here.
- Each company should assign a Screening Supervisor Designate who will be the contact person.
- The Screening Supervisor Designate must watch a 6-minute training video on how to administer the tests – Watch the training video.
- Orders can be picked up at your choice of available City of Toronto facilities.
- Orders are calculated to provide enough rapid screening kits to test all employees twice a week for four weeks. Tests come in boxes of 25.
- Reporting of results is required. More info on this is available below.
- Rapid screening kits can be reordered following completion of reporting requirements.
- Businesses are responsible for the proper disposal of kits – they can not be put out with your usual waste. Please follow the guidelines on disposal included here: Safe Handling and Management of Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Testing Waste. Initially, we recommend retaining your kits as the Ontario Government and its partners work to develop additional disposal options for businesses. Please refer back here over the next few weeks for more news.