Eco-Roof Incentive Program
Grants for Green Roofs and Cool Roofs
Grants are available to support the installation of green roofs and cool roofs on Toronto homes and buildings.
Applications are accepted and reviewed on an on-going basis. Please apply before you begin work on your roof.
Green Roof Incentives
- $100 / m2 installed
- up to $1,000.00 for a structural assessment
Cool Roof Incentives
- $5 / m2 for a cool roof with a new membrane
- $2 / m2 for a cool roof coating over an existing roof
- existing residential, industrial, commercial & institutional buildings
- new residential, industrial, commercial, & institutional buildings with a gross floor area of less than 2,000 m²
- all new construction projects by Toronto School Boards and not-for-profit organizations
- $100 per m2 of vegetated area installed
City staff are able to approve funding requests up to $100,000 for green roof projects.
Green roofs on existing buildings are also eligible for a Structural Assessment Grant. See information in the next section below.
Applications must be approved prior to commencing any work on the roof. Projects that have started, or are complete, may not be eligible for funding.
Apply to the Eco-Roof Incentive Program using this Application Form.