Winterlicious 2023 – Applications Now Open!
The City of Toronto has opened applications for restaurants to participate in the popular Winterlicious program, which is returning for 2023 after a two-year pause due to the pandemic, running from Friday, January 27 to Thursday, February 9. Applications will be accepted until Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Winterlicious 2023 has been designed to make it easier for restaurants to participate and to encourage more Toronto residents to dine in and celebrate the city’s diverse culinary scene. Restaurants interested in participating in Winterlicious 2023 should review the criteria and application process before submitting their online application. Confirmation of participation in Winterlicious 2023 will be communicated directly to restaurants in late October.
Winterlicious 2023 returns as a free and modified version of the popular City of Toronto program, designed to limit barriers to restaurant participation and drive on-premises dining business.
Winterlicious 2023 aims to:
- Support in the recovery and revival of Toronto’s restaurants,
- Generate economic activity for the restaurant industry,
- Encourage residents to engage with restaurants on-premises and once again enjoy the in-restaurant dining experience, and
- Celebrate Toronto’s diverse culinary offerings.
Winterlicious 2023 Program Details
- Participating restaurants must offer 3-course prix fixe menu(s) for lunch and/or dinner, during their regular business hours, and for in-restaurant dining.
- Prix fixe menu(s) must consist of appetizer/starter, main and dessert, and offer a minimum of three options per course.
- Prix fixe menu(s) must be priced at one of the program’s expanded range of price point categories.
New changes for Winterlicious 2023
The traditional Winterlicious program has been modified to limit barriers to participation for restaurants, including:
- Free participation (no fee)
- Expanded range of price point categories for 3-course prix fixe Winterlicious menus, both lower and higher than the traditional three price point categories (beverages, tax and gratuity not included):
- $20 Lunch / $25 Dinner (new price point category)
- $27 Lunch / $35 Dinner
- $34 Lunch / $45 Dinner
- $41 Lunch / $55 Dinner
- $48 Lunch / $65 Dinner (new price point category)
- $55 Lunch / $75 Dinner (new price point category)
- Simplified, online application process.
For Winterlicious 2023, participating restaurants must:
- Be an existing full-service restaurant.
- Be located in the city of Toronto.
- Possess a current Toronto Public Health Green DineSafe pass.
- Possess a valid City of Toronto Municipal Licensing & Standards Eating Establishment Licence (number starts with B71).
- Agree to meet the terms and conditions of participation, including but not limited to program and prix fixe menu details and determination of price point category.
More information about Winterlicious 2023 restaurant participation is available here.