EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Operations Assistant 2022
Position Type: Part-Time Contract
Rate of Pay: $16/hour
Schedule: 3-5 hours per week
Start Date: September 2022
Location: The Junction BIA, 2990 Dundas St W #104, Toronto, ON M6P 1Z3
ABOUT THE JUNCTION BIA
The Junction BIA (JBIA) is a community-driven non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the economic and cultural vitality of The Junction. The Junction BIA provides a resource and hub for the diverse mix of area businesses, creating a competitive and safe main street that attracts shoppers, diners, and tourists. As an agency of the City of Toronto, The Junction BIA oversees The Junction area, ensuring that all levels of government are well-informed on issues affecting the business community.
The Operations Assistant works outside on the street to promote a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for patrons visiting the Junction neighbourhood. They support local small businesses and encourage visitors to eat, shop, and play in the Junction, assisting with the recovery of the small business community following the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Reports to the Operations Manager.
- Support individual businesses in connecting with patrons on the street, including but not limited to distributing promotional posters and flyers.
- Build a relationship and check in with local businesses, relaying and reporting information gathered to the JBIA. Act as the eyes and ears of the community.
- Document activity for evaluation to identify gaps in service/support and promote events in the Junction.
- Offer assistance, directions, and recommendations to patrons. Promote everything that the Junction has to offer with knowledge and enthusiasm.
- Promote and provide onsite assistance to Junction businesses and BIA events.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a self-starter interested in customer service.
- Must be passionate about supporting local communities and economic development.
- Must be able to work according to a set schedule provided, and on occasion work an additional hour or two per week.
- Excellent communication; written, oral and interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively and empathetically with various stakeholders at a professional level.
- A confident, creative, and member-focused self-starter, able to work with minimal direction and go the extra mile.
- Complimentary business experience is an asset; preferably in culture, tourism, and/or urban development, but not required.
- Previous experience/relationship with the Junction is an asset, but not required.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR certification is an asset, but not required.
All applicants are welcome. The Junction BIA is committed to establishing a diverse workforce that is reflective of our community. If possible, this position will be filled by a qualified candidate who is in an underrepresented group (students with disabilities, Indigenous students, students who are members of a visible minority and students who are new immigrants/refugees.)
If you have the qualifications, experience and passion required for this exciting role, please submit your cover letter and resume to Melanie Neves, Operations Manager, at email@example.com, by August 8, 2022.
Important note: Include the job title Operations Assistant in your Subject line.
Interview Schedule – Only candidates considered for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest. We wish you all the best in your search. No phone calls, please.