Taste of the Junction
Indulge in the Flavours of the Local Resto-Bars in the Beloved Junction Neighbourhood this September
The vibrant neighbourhood of the Junction is excited to announce its first-ever, Taste of the Junction. This extraordinary culinary event unites 11 exceptional local businesses, offering a delectable array of flavours and beverages for all to enjoy. Presented by The Junction Business Improvement Area (BIA) in partnership with the Stu Sells Realty Team, this highly anticipated event on Saturday, September 9, 2023 (12 p.m. to 9 p.m.) on McMurray Avenue is destined to be the highlight of the food lovers’ summer calendar.
Nestled in the heart of Toronto, the Junction has long been known for its unique character, thriving arts scene, and diverse community. As the neighbourhood evolves, The Junction BIA remains committed to preserving its charm and supporting local businesses. Taste of the Junction is a testament to this commitment, showcasing our popular resto-bars culinary talents and offerings. The Junction BIA is dedicated to continuously reimagining and utilizing the available public spaces to create memorable experiences for residents and visitors alike.
In addition to the mouthwatering delights offered by our local resto-bars, Taste of the Junction is part of The Junction Pop-Up Music Series, an initiative to revitalize the live music sector. This series has featured weekly outdoor shows from June to Sept., providing a platform for local musicians to showcase their talent and create a lively and engaging atmosphere in the Junction. The series will culminate with an exceptional outdoor stage performance in September featuring Kiwi Jr., a notable headliner.
“The Taste of the Junction event and The Junction Pop-Up Music Series is part of our larger vision to create a thriving and inclusive community where residents and visitors can experience the best of local cuisine and live entertainment,” says Carol Jolly, Executive Director of The Junction BIA. “By supporting our local resto-bars and musicians, we aim to drive economic growth, increase foot traffic, and create a unique identity for the Junction.”
Participating Resto / Bars:
- – Bevi Birra: Immerse yourself in the taste of Italy at Bevi Birra, where traditional flavours meet modern culinary innovation. Savour their authentic Italian cuisine and handcrafted beverages that will transport you to the streets of Rome. (3072 Dundas St. W.)
- – Chiang Mai Thai Kitchen: Embark on a culinary journey to Thailand at Chiang Mai Thai Kitchen. Indulge in Thai cuisine’s rich and aromatic flavours, expertly crafted with fresh ingredients and traditional recipes. Get ready to experience the vibrant and exotic tastes of the East. (2998 Dundas St. W.)
- – Clandestina Mexican Grill & Bar: Discover the hidden flavours of Mexico at Clandestina Mexican Grill & Bar. Each bite will transport you to the streets of Mexico City, from savoury tacos to zesty salsas. Indulge in the vibrant colours and bold spices of authentic Mexican cuisine. (2901 Dundas St. W.)
- – Dirty Food: Indulge in comfort foods and guilty pleasure eating at Dirty Food. Focusing on the sweeter side of things (and life) tantalize your taste buds with their house-made treats that will be sure to make your mouth water. (Open for brunch at 3070 Dundas St. W.)
- – Gabby’s Junction: Experience the warm hospitality and elevated pub fare at Gabby’s Junction. Their diverse menu offers something for everyone, from juicy burgers to fresh salads. Relax, unwind, and enjoy the cozy ambiance of this local favourite. (3026 Dundas St. W.)
- – Indie Alehouse: The Indie Alehouse, a local Junction brewery and brewpub and recent winner of the 2022/2023 World Beer Award, Icons of Beer, as best brewpub and small brewer in the world! Offering award winning food and beer on site at 2876 Dundas St. W. and inside Eataly Toronto. (2876 Dundas St. W.)
- – Kanto by Tita Flips: Discover the mouthwatering world of Filipino cuisine at Kanto by Tita Flips! A tantalizing fusion of traditional flavors and modern twists awaits you at this culinary haven. From sizzling sisig to delectable adobo, every dish is crafted with love and passion. Embark on a gastronomic adventure like no other! (2986 Dundas St. W.)
- – Padaria Toronto: Calling all the Taste of the Junction-goers! Come and join Padaria Toronto and try their best-sellers: Coxinha, Pão de Queijo, Brigadeiroand more! Don’t miss this chance to savor the vibrant flavors and experience the joy of Brazil in every bite at the Junction. See you at the festival for a “festa” of tastes! (3035 Dundas St. W.)
- – Playa Cabana Cantina: Transport yourself to the sunny beaches of Mexico at Playa Cabana Cantina. Enjoy a fiesta of flavours with their tantalizing Mexican dishes, bursting with fresh ingredients and bold spices. It’s the ultimate destination for those seeking a lively and festive dining experience. (2883 Dundas St. W.)
- – Taste Seduction: Indulge in the art of seductive flavours at Taste Seduction. This culinary gem offers an exquisite fusion of international cuisines, masterfully crafted to captivate your senses. Prepare to embark on a culinary journey that will leave you craving more. (399 Keele St.)
- – The Sweet Potato: The Sweet Potato has been offering Natural Foods at Sweeter Prices for nearly twenty years! Independant, locally owned, and passionately committed to high quality and great value, we love providing our community with the yummiest and healthiest food and best household products for every diet and lifestyle! (108 Vine Ave.)
Credit: name of business/description.
For media inquiries and further information, please contact:
Mary Dunne, Publicist, Taste of the Junction
Carol Jolly, Executive Director, The Junction BIA