Restaurant and Bar Support Fund
Restaurant and Bar Support Fund was launched to provide one-time grants to financially assist food and beverage establishments throughout Ontario. Our target is to raise $5 million to assist a minimum of 1,000 Ontario food and beverage businesses through 2021.
The Grant Program
- The registered not-for-profit Restaurant & Bar Support Fund is open to any restaurant, bar, pool hall, pub, sports bar, and any licensed food and beverage establishment that meets the requirements outlined below.
- This is a grant – not a loan. While the grant does not need to be repaid, the businesses that receive the grant can choose, at a later date, to “pay-it-forward” and contribute back to the fund in support of other Food and Beverage establishments.
- The Grant Committee will select from qualified applicants and will issue a one-time grant to assist them in the reopening of their business. Priority will be given to applicants who demonstrate a commitment to their staff and neighbourhood.
- The committee will be comprised of 6 to 10 individuals who have no connection to any Ontario bars and restaurants.
- The maximum grant amount is $5,000.
- A one-time grant for each establishment – only one application per individual/ownership group can be submitted and will be considered. Second or third locations are ineligible for Grants.
- Applications for Grants will be open starting March 16, 2021 and grants will begin after March 31st. Going forward after this date, all decisions will be within 10 business days of receiving all the necessary information.
- Restaurant and Bar Support Fund assistance is meant to supplement an establishment’s other financial resources and means – it is a lifeline; it is only a small part of the equation.
- Grants will be issued as long as there are funds available to issue Donations. Applications will be accepted until the grant program closes.
To qualify for the Restaurant & Bar Support Fund you will need to show that your food and beverage small establishment:
- employs 3 to 20 full-time staff and has less than $4 million in annual revenue pre COVID;
- is based in Ontario and has been operating since January 2019;
- is owned and operated by a resident of Ontario;
- has a valid AGCO liquor license;
- has been closed (for in-house service) due to business restrictions relating to COVID-19;
- has been approved for one of the following government programs:
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS)
- Ontario Small Business Support Grant
- or clearly provide financial statements showing 50% decline in revenue (comparable to 2019 month);
- demonstrate the need for funds due to decreased revenue and to cover urgent expenses such as rent/wages/inventory/live entertainment (once opened);
- will be open to the public (in-house service) at the time funds are granted; and,
- is committed to remain open.