The ShopTheJunction2Win Contest presented in partnership with The Sweet Potato
March 15 – April 26, 2021
HOW THE CONTEST WORKS
Every Monday for six weeks, someone will be rewarded with $1,000 for shopping locally. $500 to keep and $500 to share with a
local business – and that could be YOU!
On April 26, one lucky local shopper will also WIN $1,000!
This contest is a powerful and proven tool that gets the surrounding community to shop more often and spend more at local businesses.
- As a member of The Junction BIA, you are automatically included in this promotion without needing to do anything at all. However, there is a lot you can do to help ensure its success – see #5 below.
- To enter the promotion, customers log all purchases of $25 or more (including taxes but not delivery fees or tips) or a Google Review on the contest website – check it out for yourself at www.ShopTheJunction2Win.com.
- One winner will be chosen for the grand prize from among those who entered the contest 3 out of the 6 weeks.
- Multiple receipts may be uploaded daily. However, it’s important to note that:
- Only one entry per business will be counted as a ballot. Patrons don’t create additional stress on businesses by asking that larger purchases be split into multiple smaller receipts. Patrons can enter an unlimited number of times daily as long as the receipts are for different businesses.
- Business owners (and their staff) can participate by shopping at other retailers in the BIA but cannot WIN with a purchase at their own establishment.
- Here’s how you can get the most from this contest:
- Display marketing collateral prominently. Stick or staple a buck slip to every purchase.
- Talk to your customers about it – thank them for their loyalty and patronage with this chance to WIN $500 weekly. It builds goodwill for your business every time they enter!
- Promote the contest with a “Shop2Win Special” (perhaps worth $30+) and train your staff to upsell customers when they are close but not quite at $25. If you create a $25 contest special offer, please let us know to feature it on our social media!
- Remind clients by adding info about the contest to your POS system and/or your digital email signature for all correspondence until April 25.
- Tag the contest in all of your social posts and remind people about it often and use the hashtag #ShopTheJunction2Win
- Get Social – follow the BIA on social and like, comment and share as much as possible to bump these posts so that more people see them.
Custom marketing materials were hand-delivered to you on Friday, Mar 5. Please contact us if you did not receive them.
Please direct any questions about the contest to Carol Jolly, Executive Director, The Junction BIA