The Junction BIA is looking to expand our boundaries along Dundas St W east to Annette St and west to Clendenan Ave.
If you own a COMMERCIAL property and/or business on Dundas St W between Annette St. and Clendenan Ave and are not a part of The Junction BIA, we want you to join us!
What is a BIA?
A Business Improvement Area (BIA) is an association of commercial property owners and tenants within a defined area who work in partnership with the City to create thriving, competitive, and innovative business areas that attract shoppers, diners, tourists, and new businesses. By joining the Junction BIA through a boundary expansion, more local businesses will have the organizational and funding capacity to be catalysts for civic improvement, enhancing the quality of life in their local neighbourhood and the City as a whole. The Board of Management is elected from the property owners and business representatives from The Junction.
Why is The Junction BIA pursuing expansion?
- 1. A united Junction business community will be able to better compete with other business areas, such as Roncesvalles, The Junction Triangle, Bloor West, and the Stockyards.
- 2. Beautification and streetscaping to the gateways to the Junction, west at Clendenan Ave and east at Annette St, will attract more visitors into the area.
- 3. Increased political clout on the municipal, provincial, and federal levels.
Ultimately, this will increase the amount of money/capital entering the Junction in the years to come.
What are the Benefits of Joining a BIA?
- -Advocating and lobbying on behalf of the membership as a unified voice
- -Connection to the Junction brand and identity
- -Participation in our annual signature programs: CaféTO in the Junction (May – October) and Window Wonderland (November – December)
- -Participation in other marketing and promotional programs, including The Junction Special Offers and the ShopTheJunction2WIN campaign
- -Assistance in dealing with the City regarding policies, permits, maintenance, and construction
- -Access to our Social Media and mailing list – up to 27,000 followers and growing
- -Public streetscape improvements including tree guards, murals, public art, street furniture, pole wraps & banners, sidewalk cleaning, graffiti & poster removal, butterfly gardens, sidewalk maintenance, and seasonal landscaping – cost-shared with the City of Toronto
- -Safety, security and crime prevention initiatives
- …AND MUCH MORE!
The benefits of joining a BIA are numerous and almost unquantifiable. But you each business can see the difference. Click the link above to see the continuously updating list of benefits.
How Much Will This Cost Me?
As a member of The Junction BIA, each property owner receives an increase in their property tax equal to a small percentage (approx. 0.236%) of their property tax assessment. Currently, the median property owner pays approximately $112/month for services provided by the BIA. Property owners may divide this fee among their business tenants or pay it entirely themselves.
What is the Process of Joining a BIA?
The Junction BIA cannot move forward to include the whole of the Junction in the BIA without your interest and engagement in this project. Please visit this link to complete a short survey about this possible expansion. You can also get involved in promoting the expansion by joining a Steering Committee.
Click here to read about the full Expansion Process.
Where can I find more information?
For more information on The Junction BIA, the Expansion, and/or BIAs in general:
- – Contact us at email@example.com or 647-769-1985
- – Visit the Toronto Association for BIAs (TABIA) website
- – Visit the City of Toronto website
We look forward to hearing from you,