As of Tuesday, July 7, 2020, masks are mandatory in all public and enclosed indoor spaces.
According to the City of Toronto, businesses must adhere to the following guidelines:
- You must create a mask policy for your establishment.
- You must communicate this new policy to staff and customers.
- You must train your staff on the policy and who is exempt.
- All staff, customers or visitors must wear a mask indoors, with some exceptions (e.g. children under the age of two and people with certain health conditions, employees in designated areas or protected by a physical barrier).
- Proof is not required if someone has an exemption.
- Signs must be posted at all entrances reminding everyone to wear a mask.
The City of Toronto has put together a graphic outlining where masks must be worn:
If you require a sign to inform customers of your mask policy, please click on the button below for a selection of posters put together by the City of Toronto.