Through the City of Toronto
Partnering with the Toronto Region Board of Trade, the City will provide FREE COVID-19 rapid screening kits to small and medium-sized businesses (150 employees or less) across Toronto.
The use of rapid screening kits by employees can help identify asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 in the workplace, thereby reducing the spread of COVID-19 in those workplaces, at home and in the community.
CLICK HERE to order your initial four-week supply of testing kits from the Toronto Region Board of Trade and book a time slot for pickup.
Rapid screening kits are available for scheduled pickup at the following locations:
- Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall – nearest to the Junction
- North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St.
- Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Dr.
- Fort York Visitor Centre, 250 Fort York Blvd.
Participating businesses must ensure employees use the rapid screening kits correctly, watch a training video, and safely dispose of the used testing kits. Each business will be required to electronically submit their screening results and are advised to test staff twice weekly. If an employee tests positive through the rapid test, they must self-isolate for 10 days. More information is available here.
Through the Ontario Government
The Ontario government, in partnership with the federal government and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, has launched the COVID-19 Rapid Screening Initiative for small and medium-sized businesses across the province.
The COVID-19 Rapid Screening Initiative will provide free rapid antigen tests for employees of small and medium-sized businesses through participating local chambers of commerce and other organizations. The program will screen for asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 in the workplace that might otherwise be missed, helping to keep workers and their families safe and businesses open.
What You Need to Know
Rapid testing is an additional screening method that can help stop the spread ofby identifying cases that may otherwise have been missed. Organizations can test on-site 1-3 times per week and get results in about 15 minutes.
To find out if on-site testing is right for you:
- review the Provincial Testing Guidance and training materials
- implement a COVID-19 workplace safety plan
- train people or hire a service provider to administer the tests
- apply to access free test kits or find a supplier to buy them from
Access Free Test Kits
The Provincial Antigen Screening Program provides free rapid antigen test kits to high-risk communities, organizations and essential workplaces.
- must agree to the program terms and conditions
- review onboarding and training materials
- order free test kits from the province of Ontario
- report testing data to the province each week
Free test kits are also available from: